This half-day course is designed as a foundational EDI course for leaders to understand concepts of power, privilege and intersectionality, and how they impact the workplace. Upon completion of the course, you will develop a deeper understanding of implicit biases and their impacts in the workplace. This course will allow you to gain tools to mitigate the negative effects of unconscious biases in the workplace and to further understand how unconscious bias is part of larger EDI organizational work.
- Decolonizing our bios
- The wheel of power and privilege
- Unpacking your invisible backpack
- Macroaggressions: Themes and messages
- The “Problem” Woman of Colour in the workplace
- The “Norm” of white dominant culture and something different worksheet